I’ve been working with Tearfund on the Rhythms project for a while. I have a good relationship with the client and they approached me for a sophisticated set of changes that would bring the application into 2015, implement a clean, fresh new design, simplify the user interface and add some new social features.
Working from provided designs (but also contributing to those designs) I implemented the new front-end of the website, including a complex new responsive header area with some neat user interactions. Attention to detail here was key.
I did a lot of back-end work including implementing an update to the Facebook API and SDK. This was to help move on the social functionality which now includes displaying Rhythms activities that your Facebook friends have taken on a brand new user profile page.
We did a lot of work on the user interface including subtle animations to draw attention to important parts of the interface, and simplifying the interface by moving features and functions into interactive panels.
I also continued to iterate on the back-end features available to the admins, including implementing new reporting and tracking.
I worked closely with Tearfund to deliver a bunch of new features, a new design, new integrations with third parties. While this is an evolution of Rhythms, it represents a substantial amount of work, both front and back-end.
The client was excited to launch the new functionality and I was proud of what we achieved. Rhythms continues to grow and evolve as a community.